About Matthew: Matthew is the newest member of the Bresnick Weil Literary Agency. He is one of only a handful of literary agents in Boston. With ten-plus years of publishing experience under his belt, he’s edited, anthologized, and published many books across many platforms. Matt has a BFA in English & Textual Studies from Syracuse University and an MA in Publishing & Writing from Emerson College. Find him on Goodreads for a sense of his taste in books, or Twitter for a taste of his sense of humor.
Matthew is seeking: Matt is looking for ace-level literature that dots a Venn diagram in the shade between unforgettable character, unpredictable plot, and prose that really hums. For nonfiction, he is a sucker for original research and journalistic instinct. Subjects include but are not limited to music, American history, sports, politics, weird science, food, pop/alternative culture, and video games. Matt does not represent YA, middle grade, or books for children.
How to submit: E-query matt [at] bresnickagency.com. For fiction, include first two chapters. For nonfiction, include a complete proposal. Full submission guidelines here.
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers’ Conferences:
- June 25-28, 2015: Jackson Hole Writers Conference (Jackson Hole, WY)
- July 31- Aug. 2, 2015: Writer’s Digest Conference (New York, NY)
- Sept. 12, 2015: Michigan Writing Workshop (Detroit, MI)
- Oct 9, 2015: San Diego Writers’ Conference (San Diego, CA)
- Oct 10, 2015: The Writing Conference of Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA)
- Oct. 17, 2015: Books by the Banks Book Festival (Cincinnati, OH)
- Oct. 24, 2015: Indiana Writers’ Conference (Indianapolis, IN)
- Nov. 13, 2015: Connecticut Writing Workshop (Hartford, CT)
- Nov 14, 2015: Boston Writing Conference (Boston, MA)
- Feb. 6, 2016: Writing Conference of Houston (Houston, TX)
- Feb. 19, 2016: Alabama Writing Workshop (Birmingham, AL)
- Feb. 20, 2016: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- March 5, 2016: Toronto’s “How to Get Published” Conference (Toronto, CA)
- March 25, 2016: Tampa Writers Conference (Tampa, FL)
- March 26, 2016: Fort Lauderdale Conference for Writers (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
- April 9, 2016: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
Your new complete and updated instructional guide
to finding an agent is finally here: The 2015 book
GET A LITERARY AGENT shares advice from more
than 110 literary agents who share advice on querying,
craft, the submission process, researching agents, and
much more. Filled with all the advice you’ll ever need to
find an agent, this resource makes a great partner book to
the agent database, Guide to Literary Agents.
The post New Literary Agent Alert: Matthew DiGangi of Bresnick Weil Literary Agency appeared first on WritersDigest.com.
from WritersDigest.com » Writing Editor Blogs