While technically not a New Agent Alert, we wanted to spotlight Caitlin McDonald of Donald Maass Literary Agency because she just came to the agency from Sterling Lord Literistic and is building her client list now. Check out all info on her below.
About Caitlin: Caitlin McDonald joined DMLA in 2015, and was previously at Sterling Lord Literistic. She represents adult and young adult speculative fiction, primarily science-fiction, fantasy, horror, and related subgenres, as well as contemporary fiction about geeky characters. She also handles a small amount of nonfiction in geeky areas, with a focus on feminist theory/women’s issues and pop culture. Caitlin grew up overseas and has a BA in Creative Writing from Columbia University. Find her on Twitter here.
She is seeking:
– All science fiction and fantasy fiction (and subgenres) for adult, YA, and MG — especially secondary world fantasy and alternate history
– Genre-bending or cross-genre fiction, and stories that examine tropes from a new angle
– Diversity of all kinds, including (but not limited to) race, gender, sexuality, and ability, in both characters and world-building
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Do not send:
– women’s fiction
– crime fiction
– picture books or chapter books
– screenplays or short stories
How to contact: To query, please email query.cmcdonald [at] maassagency.com with the query letter, synopsis, and the first ten pages of your novel pasted into the body of the email.
Query letters — up to 4 weeks from receipt.
Partial manuscripts — up to 4 weeks.
Full manuscripts — overnight to 4 weeks.
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers’ Conferences:
- June 25-28, 2015: Jackson Hole Writers Conference (Jackson Hole, WY)
- July 31- Aug. 2, 2015: Writer’s Digest Conference (New York, NY)
- Sept. 12, 2015: Michigan Writing Workshop (Detroit, MI)
- Oct 9, 2015: San Diego Writers’ Conference (San Diego, CA)
- Oct 10, 2015: The Writing Conference of Los Angeles (Los Angeles, CA)
- Oct. 17, 2015: Books by the Banks Book Festival (Cincinnati, OH)
- Oct. 24, 2015: Indiana Writers’ Conference (Indianapolis, IN)
- Nov. 13, 2015: Connecticut Writing Workshop (Hartford, CT)
- Nov 14, 2015: Boston Writing Conference (Boston, MA)
- Feb. 6, 2016: Writing Conference of Houston (Houston, TX)
- Feb. 19, 2016: Alabama Writing Workshop (Birmingham, AL)
- Feb. 20, 2016: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- March 5, 2016: Toronto’s “How to Get Published” Conference (Toronto, CA)
- March 25, 2016: Tampa Writers Conference (Tampa, FL)
- March 26, 2016: Fort Lauderdale Conference for Writers (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
- April 9, 2016: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
Your new complete and updated instructional guide
to finding an agent is finally here: The 2015 book
GET A LITERARY AGENT shares advice from more
than 110 literary agents who share advice on querying,
craft, the submission process, researching agents, and
much more. Filled with all the advice you’ll ever need to
find an agent, this resource makes a great partner book to
the agent database, Guide to Literary Agents.
The post Literary Agent Spotlight: Caitlin McDonald of Donald Maass Literary appeared first on WritersDigest.com.
from WritersDigest.com » Writing Editor Blogs