Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Arielle Datz from Dunow, Carlson & Lerner Literary) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Arielle: She started as an intern at Dunow, Carlson, & Lerner in 2011, and then worked in the foreign rights department at WME, followed by 2 years at the Elizabeth Kaplan Literary Agency. She has since returned to DCLA full-time.
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Arielle is seeking fiction (adult, YA, or middle-grade), both realistic or fantasy/sci-fi. In nonfiction, she is looking for essays, unconventional memoir, pop culture, and sociology.
How to submit: Submit a query letter at mail [at] dclagency.com. Put “Query for Arielle: [title]” in the subject line. Do not include attachments. Due to volume of inquiries received, the agency is unable to respond to all emailed queries.
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers’ Conferences:
- Nov. 13, 2015: Connecticut Writing Workshop (Hartford, CT)
- Nov 14, 2015: Boston Writing Conference (Boston, MA)
- Feb. 6, 2016: Writing Conference of Houston (Houston, TX)
- Feb. 19, 2016: Alabama Writing Workshop (Birmingham, AL)
- Feb. 20, 2016: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- March 25, 2016: Tampa Writers Conference (Tampa, FL)
- March 26, 2016: Fort Lauderdale Conference for Writers (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
- April 9, 2016: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- Summer 2016: Writer’s Digest Conference (NYC)
The post New Literary Agent: Arielle Datz from Dunow, Carlson & Lerner Literary appeared first on WritersDigest.com.
from WritersDigest.com » Writing Editor Blogs