Okay, everyone should have a good idea of who they are and what they want now. It’s time to start doing something with that knowledge. By the way, remember to comment on each day’s post when you’re finished with the task–even if it’s just to say, “Completed.”
Start a Writing Blog
For today’s platform-building task, start a writing blog. You can use Blogger, WordPress, Tumblr, or another platform if you wish. To complete today’s task, do the following:
- Create a blog. That is, sign up (if you don’t already have a blog), pick a design (these can usually be altered later if needed), and complete your profile.
- Write a post for today. If you’re not sure what to cover, you can just introduce yourself and share a brief explanation of how your blog got started. Don’t make it too complicated.
- Share your blog URL in the comments below. I’ll go through and create a list of blog URLs, so that we can easily find, follow, and friend each other in the blogosphere. It’ll be great!
Blogging is a great way to reach new readers, because it’s free and when done well can help writers develop an online writing platform. Of course, the problem is in doing it well. Enter the Blog Your Way to Success kit from Writer’s Digest.
This kit includes:
- 50 Ways to Increase Your Blog Traffic tutorial
- How to Blog a Book e-book
- Build Your Author Platform Through Blogging webinar
- Author Blogs webinar
- And much more!
If you already have a blog, excellent! You don’t need to create a new one, but you should share your URL in the comments. Also, you may want to check out my 8 Blogging Tips for Writers to Find Success.
Anyway, start blogging!
Robert Lee Brewer is Senior Content Editor of the Writer’s Digest Writing Community, which includes editing Writer’s Market and Poet’s Market. He regularly blogs at the Poetic Asides blog and writes a poetry column for Writer’s Digest magazine. He also leads online education, speaks on writing and publishing at events around the country, and does other fun writing-related stuff.
A published poet, he’s the author of Solving the World’s Problems (Press 53) and a former Poet Laureate of the Blogosphere.
Follow him on Twitter @RobertLeeBrewer.
Check out these other There Are No Rules posts:
- Tips for the Writer With No Routine.
- 12 Workplace Skills to Apply to Your Writing Career.
- 4 Marks of Good Writing.
The post Start a Writing Blog: Day 3 of the 2015 October Platform Challenge appeared first on WritersDigest.com.
from WritersDigest.com » Writing Editor Blogs