Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Alexa Stark of Trident Media Group) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Alexa: Raised in New York City, Alexa Stark earned her B.A. in Comparative Literature and Society at Columbia University, where she was an Editor of the Columbia Journal of Literary Criticism. Before coming to Trident, she interned at PEN American Center and worked at Curtis Brown as a literary assistant. Alexa joined Trident in 2012 to work with Ellen Levine, and she has gained invaluable experience working with Ellen’s illustrious and bestselling authors. She also handles first serial rights for Ellen’s authors, and has sold stories, essays, and book excerpts to The New Yorker, Harper’s, Paris Review, The Atlantic, Tin House, N+1, and The New York Times, among others. Alexa continues to work closely with Ellen Levine while building her client list.
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
She is seeking: Alexa’s interests are wide-ranging, but she is particularly drawn to literary fiction, upmarket commercial fiction, young adult, memoir, narrative nonfiction, popular science, cultural criticism and women’s issues.
How to submit: Use the agency’s online contact submissions form, and choose Alexa from the dropdown menu.
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers’ Conferences:
- Nov. 13, 2015: Connecticut Writing Workshop (Hartford, CT)
- Nov 14, 2015: Boston Writing Conference (Boston, MA)
- Feb. 6, 2016: Writing Conference of Houston (Houston, TX)
- Feb. 19, 2016: Alabama Writing Workshop (Birmingham, AL)
- Feb. 20, 2016: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- March 25, 2016: Tampa Writers Conference (Tampa, FL)
- March 26, 2016: Fort Lauderdale Conference for Writers (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
- April 9, 2016: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- May 14, 2016: Chicago Writing Workshop (Chicago, IL)
- June 4, 2016: The Writers’ Conference of Cleveland (Cleveland, OH)
- Aug. 12-14, 2016: Writer’s Digest Conference East (New York, NY)
Your new complete and updated instructional guide
to finding an agent is finally here: The 2015 book
GET A LITERARY AGENT shares advice from more
than 110 literary agents who share advice on querying,
craft, the submission process, researching agents, and
much more. Filled with all the advice you’ll ever need to
find an agent, this resource makes a great partner book to
the agent database, Guide to Literary Agents.
The post New Literary Agent Alert: Alexa Stark of Trident Media Group appeared first on WritersDigest.com.
from WritersDigest.com » Writing Editor Blogs