Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Tara Carberry of Trident Media Group) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Tara: Tara Carberry has nurtured a lifelong passion for books of all kinds. In her career as a literary agent, she is thrilled to be spending her days seeking out exceptional authors and helping them to achieve the highest degree of creative and financial success in today’s dynamic publishing marketplace.
Tara completed her undergraduate degree at Bucknell University and went on to earn a Masters degree in English and Comparative Literature from Columbia University. She subsequently held editorial positions at both Weinstein Books and W.W. Norton before coming to Trident to work for Kimberly Whalen and Erica Spellman Silverman.
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
At Trident, Tara has worked closely with top agents, editors and many New York Times and internationally bestselling authors to fine tune her skills and interests. Using this experience and working diligently with Trident’s excellent foreign rights, audio rights, and digital services teams, she is poised to help authors form a comprehensive strategy to navigate the challenges and opportunities of the landscape and thrive in their careers. Above all, Tara believes steadfastly in each of her client’s talent and enjoys the work of sharing this talent with readers around the world.
She is seeking: Tara is building a client list of authors at all stages of their careers. She is primarily seeking women’s commercial fiction, romance, new adult, young adult, and select nonfiction.
How to submit: Use Trident’s online submissions form here.
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers’ Conferences:
- Nov. 13, 2015: Connecticut Writing Workshop (Hartford, CT)
- Nov 14, 2015: Boston Writing Conference (Boston, MA)
- Feb. 6, 2016: Writing Conference of Houston (Houston, TX)
- Feb. 19, 2016: Alabama Writing Workshop (Birmingham, AL)
- Feb. 20, 2016: Atlanta Writing Workshop (Atlanta, GA)
- March 25, 2016: Tampa Writers Conference (Tampa, FL)
- March 26, 2016: Fort Lauderdale Conference for Writers (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
- April 9, 2016: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- May 14, 2016: Chicago Writing Workshop (Chicago, IL)
- June 4, 2016: The Writers’ Conference of Cleveland (Cleveland, OH)
- Aug. 12-14, 2016: Writer’s Digest Conference East (New York, NY)
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.
The post New Literary Agent Alert: Tara Carberry of Trident Media Group appeared first on WritersDigest.com.
from WritersDigest.com » Writing Editor Blogs