Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Lori Galvin of Zachary Shuster Harmsworth) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Lori: Lori Galvin knows cookbooks. For over a decade, she helped lead a team that produced dozens of landmark cookbooks (70+) for the multimedia publisher America’s Test Kitchen. Just a few of her titles include the companions to the most-watched cooking shows on public television, America’s Test Kitchen and Cook’s Country from America’s Test Kitchen, as well as the New York Times bestseller The Cook’s Illustrated Cookbook, The Complete Cooking for Two Cookbook, Cook’s Country Eats Local, and Kitchen Hacks. With her in-depth experience working for a powerful multi-platform brand (books, magazines, web, TV, and radio), she knows what it takes to make a book and its author a success from conception to publication and beyond. Before working at ATK, Lori edited cookbooks for Houghton Mifflin, cooked in restaurant kitchens, and ran a bed-and-breakfast in Maine. Find her on Twitter and LinkedIn. She joined Zachary Schuster Harmsworth in 2015.
Lori is a member of the International Association of Culinary Professionals (IACP) and Women Chefs and Restaurateurs (WCR). She earned her B.A. in English Literature from Northeastern University and is a graduate of the culinary certificate program at Boston University.
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
She is seeking: Lori seeks cookbook authors with a strong point of view, a solid grounding in their field, and a talent for motivating cooks of all stripes to get into the kitchen. She is also on the lookout for compelling narratives about food and drink, whether memoir or cultural commentary, serious or steeped in humor. Lifestyle topics, including motivational self-help, are also of interest.
How to submit: “Please use this form to send e-mail to anyone on our staff.”
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers’ Conferences:
- April 9, 2016: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- May 14, 2016: The Writing Workshop of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- June 4, 2016: The Writers’ Conference of Cleveland (Cleveland, OH)
- July 23, 2016: “Get Published” Conference of Tennessee (Nashville, TN)
- July 30, 2016: Colorado Writing Workshop (Denver, CO)
- Aug. 12-14, 2016: Writer’s Digest Conference East (New York, NY)
- Sept. 9, 2016: Sacramento Writers Conference (Sacramento, CA)
- Sept. 10, 2016: Writing Workshop of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA)
- Sept. 10, 2016: Chesapeake Writing Workshop (Washington, DC)
- Nov. 19, 2016: Las Vegas Writing Workshop (Las Vegas, NV)
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.
The post New Literary Agent Alert: Lori Galvin of Zachary Shuster Harmsworth appeared first on WritersDigest.com.
from WritersDigest.com » Writing Editor Blogs