Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Sam Freilich of Elyse Cheney Literary ) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Sam: Sam Freilich studied Literature at Bard College and holds an MFA in Creative Writing from CalArts. Before coming to Elyse Cheney Literary Associates, Sam worked at the Hill Nadell Literary Agency. He also handles permissions for the agency.
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
He is seeking: He enjoys reading literary fiction, crime, biography, narrative nonfiction, and anything about Los Angeles.
How to submit: Send a query lettering briefly describing your project and professional background, along with up to three chapters of sample material. Send by e-mail to: submissions [at] cheneyliterary.com.
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers’ Conferences:
- May 14, 2016: The Writing Workshop of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- June 4, 2016: The Writers’ Conference of Cleveland (Cleveland, OH)
- July 23, 2016: “Get Published” Conference of Tennessee (Nashville, TN)
- July 30, 2016: Colorado Writing Workshop (Denver, CO)
- Aug. 12-14, 2016: Writer’s Digest Conference East (New York, NY)
- Sept. 9, 2016: Sacramento Writers Conference (Sacramento, CA)
- Sept. 10, 2016: Writing Workshop of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA)
- Sept. 10, 2016: Chesapeake Writing Workshop (Washington, DC)
- Nov. 19, 2016: Las Vegas Writing Workshop (Las Vegas, NV)
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.
The post New Literary Agent Alert: Sam Freilich of Elyse Cheney Literary appeared first on WritersDigest.com.
from WritersDigest.com » Writing Editor Blogs