Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Jess Dallow of Rebecca Friedman Literary Agency) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Jess: Having grown up with the same name as her favorite Sweet Valley High twin, Jess has always had a love for books, especially those that feature well developed, strong female characters. She is fascinated with complex characters and a world that she can fall in love with, stories that make her want to sob and laugh within minutes of each other, and a book that she can’t put down no matter what time it is or what rerun of SVU is on. Jess is interested in both YA and adult literary and commercial fiction with a focus in romance, thrillers, and women’s fiction. She has a BFA in Writing for Film and Television from the University of the Arts and worked in entertainment for eight years before returning to her home state of NY where she worked at a literary agency for two years before joining Rebecca Friedman Literary Agency. Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @JLDallow
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Currently Seeking: Jess specializes in YA and adult, with a keen interest in contemporary, thriller, romance, and women’s fiction.
How to Submit: Queries for Jess Dallow should include a query letter and your first chapter (pasted into the email, not to exceed fifteen double-spaced pages) and should be sent to Jess@rfliterary.com.
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers’ Conferences:
- June 4, 2016: The Writers’ Conference of Cleveland (Cleveland, OH)
- July 23, 2016: “Get Published” Conference of Tennessee (Nashville, TN)
- July 30, 2016: Colorado Writing Workshop (Denver, CO)
- Aug. 12-14, 2016: Writer’s Digest Conference East (New York, NY)
- August 20, 2016: Toronto Writing Workshop (Toronto, Canada)
- Sept. 9, 2016: Sacramento Writers Conference (Sacramento, CA)
- Sept. 10, 2016: Writing Workshop of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA)
- Sept. 10, 2016: Chesapeake Writing Workshop (Washington, DC)
- Oct. 15, 2016: Pittsburgh Writers Conference (Pittsburgh, PA)
- Nov. 19, 2016: Las Vegas Writing Workshop (Las Vegas, NV)
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.
The post New Literary Agent Alert: Jess Dallow of Rebecca Friedman Literary Agency appeared first on WritersDigest.com.
from Writing Editor Blogs – WritersDigest.com