Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Rachel Crawford of Wolf Literary Services) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Rachel: Rachel Crawford is a literary agent and film rights manager at Wolf Literary. Hailing from sunny Brisbane, Australia, Rachel moved to New York in 2011. She worked previously at Sterling Lord Literistic and as an associate at Fletcher and Company, and has a background in rights and marketing.
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
She is Seeking: Rachel is looking for literary and commercial fiction and YA. She’s interested in stories that defy genre conventions and play with reader expectations, and particularly enjoys dystopian, eco-fiction, and apocalyptic narratives, as well as anything with a scientist protagonist. She’s also looking for international fiction, political fiction that explores big ideas through compelling narrative, and stories from traditionally underrepresented voices. She loves stories about women by women.
In nonfiction she’s interested in tech, futurism, psychology, environment, and science, and isn’t adverse to prescriptive nonfiction from authors with a strong professional background in their topic of choice.
How to Contact: To submit a project to Rachel, please send a detailed synopsis and the first 50 pages to email@example.com, with ‘for Rachel’ in the subject header.
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers’ Conferences:
- July 30, 2016: Colorado Writing Workshop (Denver, CO)
- Aug. 12-14, 2016: Writer’s Digest Conference East (New York, NY)
- August 20, 2016: Toronto Writing Workshop (Toronto, Canada)
- Sept. 9, 2016: Sacramento Writers Conference (Sacramento, CA)
- Sept. 10, 2016: Writing Workshop of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA)
- Sept. 10, 2016: Chesapeake Writing Workshop (Washington, DC)
- Oct. 28-30, 2016: Writer’s Digest Novel Writing Conference (Los Angeles, CA)
- Nov. 5-6, 2016: ShowMe Writers Masterclass (Columbia, MO)
- Nov. 19, 2016: Las Vegas Writing Workshop (Las Vegas, NV)
- Feb. 26 – March 3, 2017: Writers Winter Escape Cruise (conference/cruise departing Miami)
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.
Other writing/publishing articles & links for you:
- Agent Spotlight: Nikki Terpilowski (Holloway Literary Agency) seeks Fiction, Nonfiction and Children’s.
- Got Rejection Dejection?
- Why Dogs Make Fun Writing Partners.
- 5 Things To Consider Before Writing A Memoir.
- Follow Chuck Sambuchino on Twitter or find him on Facebook. Learn all about his writing guides on how to get published, how to find a literary agent, and writing a query letter.
The post New Literary Agent Alert: Rachel Crawford of Wolf Literary Services appeared first on WritersDigest.com.
from Writing Editor Blogs – WritersDigest.com