Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Wednesday Poetry Prompts: 467

For today’s prompt, write an expectation poem. The expectation could be realistic or unrealistic. It could be expecting a check or payment, expecting a visitor or acknowledgment, or just expecting a nice word. I expect to see some unexpected takes on this prompts.

*****

Build an Audience for Your Poetry tutorialBuild an Audience for Your Poetry!

Learn how to find more readers for your poetry with the Build an Audience for Your Poetry tutorial! In this 60-minute tutorial, poets will learn how to connect with more readers online, in person, and via publication.

Poets will learn the basic definition of a platform (and why it’s important), tools for cultivating a readership, how to define goals and set priorities, how to find readers without distracting from your writing, and more!

Click to continue.

*****

Here’s my attempt at an Expectation Poem:

“I Expect the World”

I expect the world,
but I’ll take your word

and create a dream
I can dream each night

hoping my hoping
turns out to be right.

I expect the world,
but I’ll take your hand

and hold the greatest
treasure in the land.

*****

Robert Lee Brewer is Senior Content Editor of the Writer’s Digest Writing Community and author of Solving the World’s Problems (Press 53). He tries not to get hung up on expectations. Follow him on Twitter @RobertLeeBrewer.

The post Wednesday Poetry Prompts: 467 appeared first on WritersDigest.com.


from Writing Editor Blogs – WritersDigest.com
https://www.writersdigest.com/whats-new/wednesday-poetry-prompts-467

No comments:

Post a Comment