Tuesday, April 12, 2016

2016 April PAD Challenge: Day 12

Two-for-Tuesday day!

For today’s prompt, take on one (or both) of the following prompts:

  • Write a serious poem. Or…
  • Write a silly poem.

*****

Poet's Market 2016

Poet’s Market 2016

Publish Your Poetry!

The 2016 Poet’s Market, edited by Robert Lee Brewer, includes hundreds of poetry markets, including listings for poetry publications, publishers, contests, and more! With names, contact information, and submission tips, poets can find the right markets for their poetry and achieve more publication success than ever before.

In addition to the listings, there are articles on the craft, business, and promotion of poetry–so that poets can learn the ins and outs of writing poetry and seeking publication. Plus, it includes a one-year subscription to the poetry-related information on WritersMarket.com. All in all, it’s the best resource for poets looking to secure publication.

Click to continue.

*****

Here’s my attempt at a Serious and/or Silly Poem:

“I’m Serious”

I saw Bigfoot during my morning run today,
but really, I saw a Bigfoot family–so maybe
I should say I saw Bigfeet?!? I don’t know,

but seriously, they were chasing around
some deer and whistling at each other
until they saw me. Then, all of a sudden,

I was the buck getting chased here and
there and really not everywhere, because
it didn’t take long for them to grab me

and pick me up, with the little one poking
me with a stick. They seemed interested
in my shoes. In fact, they took them off

foot by foot and tried to putting them on
their own giant boats. Of course, Nike
doesn’t make running shoes in their size.

*****

roberttwitterimageRobert Lee Brewer did not see Bigfoot on his morning run today. In fact, he didn’t go for a morning run today–something he’s been doing most mornings this month. That’s because he went for a 4-mile run yesterday morning and felt and heard a pop in his hip just short of the 3-mile marker. But, as you can see, he’s still able to get a prompt and poem up.

Brewer is Senior Content Editor of the Writer’s Digest Writing Community, which means he gets to do a million things to help writers find more success with their writing (including this blog). He’s also the author of Solving the World’s Problems (Press 53).

Connect with him on Twitter @RobertLeeBrewer.

*****

Find more poetic posts here:

The post 2016 April PAD Challenge: Day 12 appeared first on WritersDigest.com.


from WritersDigest.com » Writing Editor Blogs
http://www.writersdigest.com/whats-new/2016-april-pad-challenge-day-12

No comments:

Post a Comment