Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Kelly Peterson of Corvisiero Literary) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Kelly: Kelly is a jr. agent at Corvisiero Literary. Kelly has spent her whole life with a book in her hands. Whether it’s from reading, writing, or day dreaming, her mind has always been up in the clouds wishing her fantasy stories would come true. Down on earth, somewhere between reading during science class, writing while she should be sleeping, and spending her social hours pretending she wasn’t actually a closet nerd, she finally realized that her life would be a lot happier if she just accepted her love of books. A graduate of West Chester University, she earned her B.S.Ed. in English and went to pursue a career in teaching. Little did she know that despite all of her hard work, the environment she ended up in would be one she disliked. After taking a step back and reassessing her life, she realized that maybe she should have focused on the world of literary agents and publishing a long time ago.
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
She is seeking:
- Middle Grade: Fantasy, Paranormal, Sci-fi.
- Young Adult: Fantasy (all sub genres of fantasy accepted), Steampunk, Sci-Fi, Paranormal, Historical (19th century and earlier with strong heroines), Dystopian (hold the cyborgs, the scorch, and diseases, please), Sword and Sorcery, a very selective few for Contemporary Romance, and any combination of the above with strong, female main characters.
- New Adult: Fantasy, Paranormal, Romance (Cowboys, anyone? Sexy and somewhat geeky entrepreneur? Celebrity? Yes?), Historical Romance, or any combination of the above.
- Adult Fiction: Fantasy, Romance.
Her truest passion is for YA Fantasy. More recently, Steampunk has quickly crept up the charts in her heart as well.
With books, there’s just something about strong female main characters holding their own against the world, in an environment that Kelly could never, in her wildest dreams, find herself living within. It tears at her heart and pulls at her soul, especially when the main character finds that she never needed another to complete her in the first place.
She is not seeking Nonfiction, Emotional Turmoil, Mystery/Crime, Children’s Picture Books.
How to submit: query [at] corvisieroagency.com. Then address your Query to a specific agent, using the phrase “Query for [Agent Name]: [Name of Submission]” in the Subject Line. “For fiction, we require a query letter pasted into the body of your email along with a 1-2 page synopsis (that includes spoilers and the ending) and the first 5 pages of your manuscript either attached as 2 separate Word .doc files or pasted into the Query email.” There are more guidelines here.
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers’ Conferences:
- April 9, 2016: Philadelphia Writing Workshop (Philadelphia, PA)
- May 14, 2016: The Writing Workshop of Chicago (Chicago, IL)
- June 4, 2016: The Writers’ Conference of Cleveland (Cleveland, OH)
- July 23, 2016: “Get Published” Conference of Tennessee (Nashville, TN)
- July 30, 2016: Colorado Writing Workshop (Denver, CO)
- Aug. 12-14, 2016: Writer’s Digest Conference East (New York, NY)
- Sept. 9, 2016: Sacramento Writers Conference (Sacramento, CA)
- Sept. 10, 2016: Writing Workshop of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA)
- Sept. 10, 2016: Chesapeake Writing Workshop (Washington, DC)
- Nov. 19, 2016: Las Vegas Writing Workshop (Las Vegas, NV)
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.
The post New Literary Agent Alert: Kelly Peterson of Corvisiero Literary appeared first on WritersDigest.com.
from WritersDigest.com » Writing Editor Blogs