Reminder: New literary agents (with this spotlight featuring Kim Blair McCollum of Purcell Agency) are golden opportunities for new writers because each one is a literary agent who is likely building his or her client list.
About Kim: After thirty-three years as an educator—middle and high school English, German, and journalism—Kim Blair McCollum followed her lifelong dream of becoming a full-time writer in 2006. Through working with young adults who inspired her daily, Kim discovered her love of YA fiction and the issues, which drive their stories. While completing her first novel, Kim immersed herself in writing classes, workshops, and conferences in New York City, Madison, WI, and across the United States. She graduated from the University of Northern Iowa with a BA in English and German education. She also received a degree from The Institute of Children’s Literature.
The biggest literary agent database anywhere
is the Guide to Literary Agents. Pick up the
most recent updated edition online at a discount.
Currently Seeking: Chapter Books, Middle Grade & YA, Realistic Fiction, Coming-of-Age, Sports, Religious, Regional, Special Needs.
How to Submit: ALL Submissions should be emailed to “TPAqueries@gmail.com” AND…In “Subject Line” of Email, please include: AGENT 1st NAME, AUDIENCE, GENRE, TITLE, AUTHOR, WORD LENGTH
Check Out These Great Upcoming Writers’ Conferences:
- July 23, 2016: “Get Published” Conference of Tennessee (Nashville, TN)
- July 30, 2016: Colorado Writing Workshop (Denver, CO)
- Aug. 12-14, 2016: Writer’s Digest Conference East (New York, NY)
- August 20, 2016: Toronto Writing Workshop (Toronto, Canada)
- Sept. 9, 2016: Sacramento Writers Conference (Sacramento, CA)
- Sept. 10, 2016: Writing Workshop of San Francisco (San Francisco, CA)
- Sept. 10, 2016: Chesapeake Writing Workshop (Washington, DC)
- Oct. 28-30, 2016: Writer’s Digest Novel Writing Conference (Los Angeles, CA)
- Nov. 5-6, 2016: ShowMe Writers Masterclass (Columbia, MO)
- Nov. 19, 2016: Las Vegas Writing Workshop (Las Vegas, NV)
- Feb. 26 – March 3, 2017: Writers Winter Escape Cruise (conference/cruise departing Miami)
Want to build your visibility and sell more books?
Create Your Writer Platform shows you how to
promote yourself and your books through social
media, public speaking, article writing, branding,
and more. Order the book from WD at a discount.
The post New Literary Agent Alert: Kim Blair McCollum of Purcell Agency appeared first on WritersDigest.com.
from Writing Editor Blogs – WritersDigest.com